Columbia University Event Policy
Reason for the policy:
- New York state has imposed public health guidelines due to COVID-19 that impact campus event planner and execution
Key to NYC Program
As outlined by the Key to NYC program, everyone over the age of 12 is required to show proof of vaccination to enter many New York City indoor activities such as restaurants, movie theaters, and gyms. This includes events with catering.
Outdoor Space Use and Reservations
For the safety and health of our community, outdoor spaces will be available as community spaces and reservable event spaces. Some reservable outdoor space is tented. View the Outdoor and Tented Space page on the Event Management website for more details.
The University has issued new guidance around spaces, gathering and public health protocols. Visit the University COVID-19 website to learn more, then contact our team to plan your event.
Venue Fact Sheets
A summary of each of the following venues has been compiled in a printable PDF format showing key venue details, including capacity information and available room configurations. These fact sheets are also available from the main venue page for each of these venues.
Event Management Spaces
- Gathering considerations and restrictions will be based on Columbia’s Framework for COVID-19 Risk Assessment and Management Plan, which takes into consideration that circumstances remain fluid. This guidance is designed to help you plan for your gathering but does not imply permission to proceed.
Events & Catering
- All staff, clients and guests are required to wear face coverings.
- Event hosts should pre-register guests to avoid lines and assist with capacity concerns. Digital check-in and materials are recommended.
- Gathering in lobbies or other areas before or after event will not be permitted.
- If the event will be catered, there will be no buffet-style or self-serve F&B stations. Food must be staff-served with enhanced PPE or individually wrapped / boxed meals.
- Event Management offers Virtual Event Solutions for all virtual & hybrid events.